• All Games – No new after 1hr 30min or 7 innings
• 12 after 4 / 10 after 5 / 8 after 6
• Ties only on Saturday. All games must have a winner on Sunday. If at the end of 7 innings, or time limit expires, the next inning starts with a runner (the batter scheduled to bat last in the respective half inning) at second base on Sunday.
• Game time is forfeit time unless the delay is created by SSF.
• Coin Flip for home team for all games.
• May be used for pitcher and catcher only.
• Team listed 1st on the schedule will occupy the third-base dugout.
• Team listed on the top half of the bracket will occupy the third-base dugout.
• If a team is already occupying a dugout from a previously played game, they may remain in that same dugout.
• No Protests.
• All players must be on team’s roster prior to the start of the tournament.
• Roster will be turn in to tournament director.
• College players are not allowed to be on a team’s roster and may not participate in any SSF event.
PITCHING RULE MODIFICATIONS:
• While the pitcher takes the signal, her stride foot may be on or behind the pitcher’s plate as far back as desired.
• Once the pitcher initially sets the toe of her stride foot, she CANNOT move it to increase the distance behind the pitcher’s plate.
• In addition, the pitcher shall take (or simulate taking) a signal from the catcher.
• All pitches, including a pitch-out, must be legally pitched to the catcher and ball is live.
• SSF will provide the game balls.
• 10U & 12U players may not wear metal cleats.
• 14U, 16U and 18U can wear them unless notified in advance due to facility rules.
• Any coach, player and/or spectator ejected from a game will be required to not participate in their next scheduled game unless deemed otherwise by the tournament director.
• The Tournament Director shall have final decision on all tournament questions.
LINEUP OPTIONS – DP / FLEX and EP Rules:
• OPTION 1 – Straight nine: Those nine players can play any position on defense.
• OPTION 2 – DP/Flex: 10 players are listed on the line-up, but only 9 bats. The DP can bat for any player that you designate prior to the start of the game. That player is designated as the Flex and must be listed in the 10th spot on the lineup card.
• OPTION 3 – EP: This gives you the option to bat 10 players and any 9 can play defense. This player can be placed anywhere in the lineup.
• OPTION 4 – DP/Flex and the EP: This allows you to have 11 players listed in the lineup. Only 10 will bat any 9 of these players can play defensively, but the Flex must always play defense. The Flex must be listed in the 11th spot on the lineup card.
• Free Defensive Substitutions. Only pitcher and catcher substitutions need to be reported to the umpire.
10 AND UNDER SPECIALTY RULES:
1. 35′ pitching distance
12 AND UNDER SPECIALTY RULES:
1. 40′ pitching distance
14U, 16U and 18U SPECIALTY RULES:
1. 43 ft pitching distance
2. METAL CLEATS ARE ALLOWED
SEEDING PROCEDURE: (First factor is Win-Loss record)
Two Way Tie:
1. Head to Head between tied teams
2. Runs Allowed
3. Runs Scored
4. Coin Flip
Three (or more) Way Tie:
1. Runs Allowed
2. Runs Scored
3. Coin Flip
- No Pets inside the parks, no outside food or drinks, teams can bring in one water cooler with drinks only. These are rules supplied by the city of each park we have no control over these rules.
- Stockton Softball Fastpitch, Tournament Directors and Officials, City of Stockton, City of Lodi, City of Manteca, San Joaquin County, McNair High School or Arnaiz Stadium shall assume no responsibilities for the injuries, losses, or damages as a result of these tournaments.
RAIN OUT POLICY & REFUND POLICY:
- If you enter a tournament and the entire tournament is cancelled due to rain or some other unforeseen event, we will issue you a refund. Full paid entry fee will be refunded.
- If you withdraw from the tournament for any reason, after the schedule has been posted on the Stockton Softball Fastpitch web site, your fees will be totally nonrefundable.
- If it is necessary to suspend a tournament, after you have played your first game, due to weather or some other unforeseen event, you will be credited for your games that you did not begin. Your remaining credit will be refunded.
- If you enter and paid but we cannot fit your team into the tournament you will receive a refund in full, you may apply the total amount to another tournament within that calendar year.
Dennis Gomes (209-642-2363)
Stockton Softball Fastpitch (firstname.lastname@example.org)